The Star Ceramic handpiece ball bearing turbines are offered for both lubricated and LubeFree 430 series handpieces. Ceramic is the hardest, yet lightest material of any ball bearing used today, for extended handpiece turbine life. StarDental is the originator of utilizing ceramic ball bearings in handpiece turbines. Always use genuine StarDental parts - turbines maintain their quality standards, are electronically balanced, and are checked by our highly skilled technicians. Look for the star on our turbines to verify authentic StarDental turbines. Register your replacement turbine when you start using it. Install the turbine, visit www.dentalez.com/warranty and register the serial number.
Features & Benefits:
- LubeFree Autochuck Turbine.
- Ceramic Bearings (long lasting).
- Improves efficiency and saves time.
- Extremely concentric for smooth operation.
- Electronically Balanced
- 1 - Year Warranty from date of installation (Must register @ www.dentalez.com/warranty)
When do you need to replace a turbine?
Replace the turbine when the handpiece fails to achieve full speed and/or increases sharply in noise level. You may also need to replace a turbine if the bur is stuck or if the bur starts to slip within the chuck.
How to replace a Star 430 Series Turbine:
- Remove old end cap and turbine assembly.
- Inspect housing before cleaning. Remove any obvious debris to prevent damage and to insure performance of turbine.
- Connect handpiece and run air through turbine housing without turbine installed for 5 seconds.
- Clean housing thoroughly with cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol. Dry with syringe air.
- Place turbine assembly into housing and gently insert.
- Position and engage threads of end cap into the housing by hand until snug.
- Tighten end cap with the combination end cap wrench employing the wrench opening marked AC. Position wrench with marked side facing end cap for best wrench control.