Features & Benefits:
- Lidocaine when used for infiltration will have an average onset time of less than two minutes and a duration of about 60 minutes. When used for nerve blocks the average onset time is 2 to 4 minutes and will provide about 90 minutes of pulpal anesthesia.
- No-methylparaben formulation to avoid allergic reactions on sensitive patients.
- No natural rubber latex components to help reduce allergic responses.
- Terminal sterilization of product/cartridges for safe use.
- Mylar label covered glass cartridges to minimize risk of wound in the event of a cartridge breakage.
- Cartridges packed 10 to a blister tray to avoid glass to glass contact, hence reducing breakage.
Does Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% contain gluten?
None of the ingredients of our product Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% are an evident source of gluten.
Does Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% contain alcohol?
None of the ingredients of our product Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% are an evident source of alcohol.
Does Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% contain peanut, soy or nut?
None of the ingredients of our product Cook-Waite Lidocaine HCl 2% are an evident source of peanut, soy or nut.
Local dental anesthesia by nerve block or infiltration.
Reactions to Lidocaine are characteristic of those associated with other amide-type local anesthetics. A major cause of adverse reactions to this group of drugs is excessive plasma levels, which may be due to overdosage, inadvertent intravascular injection or slow metabolic degradation. Lidocaine is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to it or to any local anesthetic agent of the amide type or to other components of lidocaine solutions.
Local anesthetics should be employed only by clinicians who are well versed in diagnosis and management of dose-related toxicity and other acute emergencies which might arise from the block to be employed, and then only after insuring the immediate availability of oxygen, other resuscitative drugs, cardiopulmonary resuscitative equipment, and the personnel resources needed for proper management of toxic reactions and related emergencies.
Lidocaine contains potassium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. Please see package insert for prescribing information.